A dear friend of mine who runs a hotel in Kitchener, Ontario, called in with a legendary tale to tell last night. I was so entertained and grateful to hear it that I thought of ways to relay the story to you dear readers on my blog. If you enjoy cute stories about helpful Canadians and quality services well rendered than this might be the good news you need to make the world seem less bleak in 2020.
Small companies in Canada are still working hard out there to do the best they can and help as many people the best way they can. That’s what this story testifies, as a small company called “Appliance Repair Kitchener” has helped my friend keep her struggling hotel business afloat by giving her free appliance repair services in return for a coupon to her hotel. The appliance repair company is also struggling as Covid has inspired people in their homes to learn how to fix their own appliances in stead of risking exposure to the virus by having a professional visit their home. But instead of being sly and finding ways to keep their business alive unethically, Appliance Repair Kitchener has decided to help as many people as they can so that their company might be remembered by locals in need of their services in the future. They have definitely gained the long-term loyalty of my dear friend who is just as excited as I am about hotels. But I bet you just want to hear the story by now, so let’s get to it.
Here’s what happened in point form.
- My friend found out that her kitchen dishwasher and two of her clothes washing machines had broken down in the same day.
- With having her handyman unavailable, she felt at loss of what to do because she couldn’t afford a big appliance repair bill right now.
- She called several different local appliance repair companies for help, learning that most of them didn’t even have technicians available because they were all on unemployment insurance due to Covid.
- She got lucky and called Appliance Repair Kitchener who listened to her story and offered her free services in return for a coupon because the staff might use the coupon in the future when family or friends visit town.
- My friend didn’t even have coupons, but she knew she would make them as soon as she said yes to their offer.
- All the broken appliances were repaired in the same day and now my friend is celebrating with her family, keeping the hotel business strong in these hard times.
- Now I’m here telling you this so that more people can have hope for the economy and friendlies of the businesses in the beloved country of Canada let alone the province of Ontario.
There are a lot of good hotels in Kitchener and a lot of them are struggling, but with more inspiring stories like this we might be able to get out of these hard times a little sooner. After all, hotels will always be a needed service in the future, and so will appliance repair companies.
Once again I hope this story has brightened your day and changed your perspective on the year 2020 for the better. For me I look at these hard times as opportunities to help people, and it feels nice knowing others out there think the same way.